How Does an Ultrasonic Cleaner Work | Ultrasonic Cleaner Uses
Before know how does an ultrasonic cleaner work, we should know some fundamental information about the ultrasonic technology. It will help to understand ultrasonic cleaner uses.
Ultrasonic technology is actually mechanical vibrations use to determine the structural integrity of materials. It is one of the advanced cleaning technology, especially in industrial equipment cleaning. Though, it is more popular as a jewelry cleaner. Moreover, we can apply ultrasonic technology to clean many household items. Ultrasonic waves are applicable in the detection of discontinuities, determination of elastic constants, thickness measurements, the study of metallurgy, bond evaluation, cracking, etc.
Contents Summary | Jump to your selective section
How Does an Ultrasonic Cleanser Work?
Concerning ultrasonic cleaning, you can obliterate the dirt particle from the different kinds of object. It can also clean tough stains like a plunge in the pool. It needs only huge recapitulation sound waves. Sound waves make a powerful inundate brush action.
Do you know what real ultrasonic energy is? Ultrasonic energy generates from the quick structure and decline of the little bubbles. It is the liquid broadly called cavitation frequency. This procedure causes the rapid formation and collapse of small bubbles in the liquid known as cavitation frequency. It is known as ultrasonic energy. We can describe the ultrasonic working process in five steps.
1. Carried out in a fluid
For cleaning the material of the goods and the particular type of impurity concurrently; Ultrasonic Technology is best. It always carried out in a liquid to complete the cleaning process. You can use only water, but for enhancing the power, anyone can mix a few liquid solutions.
2. Energy conversion through a transducer
Ultrasonic technology required sound wave to complete the cleaning process. In this process, high-frequency sound waves produced using high-frequency electricity. This energy consumption happens through a transducer.
3. It’s all about bubble
The vital component in ultrasonic technology is sound waves. Since it converted through transducers from high-frequency electricity, wave vibrates continuously.
4. Process Ultrasound
The nature of waves is traveling through water. So inside into the ultrasonic cleaner, produced little-bubbled move repeatedly to all surface and removed all dirt particles.
5. Cavitation Clean
These bubbles move through the liquid, reach and clean hidden cracks, germs, spots etc. more effectively than alternative methods.
Ultrasonic Cleaning Applications
It is a very effective cleaning method. We can clean different kinds of an object using high-frequency pressure waves. Nowadays ultrasonic sterilization is applying to metals, plastics, glass, rubber, ceramics cleaning, etc. It is also used for specific washing purpose of industry, hospital and many other businesses. But most commonly we apply ultrasonic technology in our daily life to clean our jewelry, eyeglass, denture items, carburetors, vinyl recorder machine, etc.
The Benefits of Ultrasonic Cleaning
1. Reliable: In the terms of quality cleaning, ultrasonic devices are the reliable name. It doesn’t have many rotating parts to wear out like other systems. This helps to run an ultrasonic apparatus reliably for a long time. That’s why applying filed of this technology is spreading fast,
2. Remove Mold and Bacteria: Ultrasonic cleaners are efficient to remove almost all kinds of fungus and bacteria from an endless variety of devices. For this reason, it is using in food preparation, processing and also in the medical community. You can clean oil, wax, shavings, grease, soot, carbon, clay, dust, oxidation, parting compound, etc. from the surface of a part,
3. Easy to maintenance: It is comfortable to control an ultrasonic device. A large number of cleaning procedure is easy to maintain by only one operator. It is one of the biggest reason for its popularity,
4. Save Time: The ultrasonic device works very fast. An ultrasonic device generates up to 40000 sound waves per second, these waves turn into action in the quickest time. It is almost faster-cleaning technology than other types of cleaners,
5. Low Power Consumption: Ultrasonic devices consume low electricity during its cleaning time. It requires only a small motor to filter the solutions so it can complete its workout consuming little power,
6. Environmentally Friendly: The ultrasonic cleaning procedure is entirely environment-friendly. It cleans using sound waves and doesn’t need external cleaning solution. Though you may need to use a cleaning solution for better performance or detergent to making your cleaning process more powerful. Moreover, there are lots of natural cleaning solution are available which work excellent with an ultrasonic device. So this is 100% environment-friendly scrubbing procedure,
7. Wide Range of size: This kinds of devices come in many sizes. Some tools are made for home use or some for industrial. So it is easy for consumers to have a device according to his demand and budgets,
8. High performance: The overall performance of the ultrasonic device is really incomparable. Sometimes you can clean many items using one device. Maximum devices are portable so you can carry it from one place to another.
Ultrasonic Cleaner Uses
What can we clan with ultrasonic technology in our daily life? Lots of things, no? Yes. Actually, it is easy to clean many things in our daily life. We are describing some important applying filed of the ultrasonic technology in below:
Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner: Jewelry is one of the most important parts of our fashion life. It is sensitive too. So whenever we need to clean it, we have to consider many things. Even we take professional jewelry cleaning service especially for our precious metal as diamond, gold, etc. jewelry. But with an ultrasonic device, it is straightforward to clean at your home. The ultrasonic apparatus on the jewelry cleaning field has lots of popularity, and it is widely using for many years.
Check: Best Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner Reviews and Buying Guide
Ultrasonic Record Cleaner: The vinyl recorder has a traditional appeal even in this modern age. Though face the problem when need to clean our vinyl recorder. But ultrasonic technology gives us an easy solution. There are lots of ultrasonic cleaning device in the market, and by using one of these, we can quickly clean our recorder. It is compelling and effective.
Ultrasonic Carburetor Cleaner: The carburetor is another essential device, and we can clean it using the ultrasonic device. You will be satisfied to hear, there is a specific ultrasonic carburetor cleaner on the market. You can wash it at your home as professional cleaners do.
Eyeglass Cleaner: You don’t need to get anxious when a spot occurs on your eyeglass. If you have an ultrasonic cleaner, it is effortless to clean any kinds of a spot from eyeglasses.
Denture Items: Another susceptible item where we use ultrasonic cleaner is denture items. Yes, the ultrasonic device makes it simple. You don’t need to follow the traditional cleaning system to clean any denture items. Moreover, it is more safe and effective in the term of removing germs. For these reasons, using the ultrasonic device in the dental clinic is increasing day by day.
Gun and Gun Accessories: Are you a professional hunter? Do you need to clean your gun and accessories regularly? It is the hassle to follow traditional cleaning procedure. Have you used the ultrasonic device ever? Take my word, if you use ultrasonic gun cleaner, you will be amazed be see its performance. You don’t need to take professional gun cleaning service anymore if you have a personal ultrasonic machine are your home.
CD/ DVD: You can easily clean your CD/ DVD using an ultrasonic device. If you have any other device as ultrasonic jewelry cleaner or record cleaner, you may use that device to clean CD/ DVD.
Different kinds of machine parts: Ultrasonic device is not only using as the home using mini devices. Using this latest technology, different types of machine parts are cleaning on the industrial sector. As it is cheap and consume low electricity, it is getting popular day by day.
These are not the final list at all, the ultrasonic device is using on many more items. Here we only listed little filed among all. You can clean many household items like watches, coins, keys, silverware, metal badges, watchbands, shaver heads, razor blades, combs, valves, toothbrushes, nozzles, etc. and many more household items.
Limitations/ Disadvantages of Ultrasonic Cleaning
Ultrasonic cleaning is using in different kinds of industry. One of the significant using purposes of it is for removing flux residue from soldered circuit boards. But it has some risk. Sometimes applying it can be the reason for damaging the boards. Moreover, gyroscopes, microphones, accelerators, etc. can be destroyed due to high-intensity vibrations. So it is the matter of awareness to use ultrasonic technology in sensitive devices.